- 1 large piece fresh salmon, cut in half
- 100g pasta (or gluten free pasta)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced very thinly
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 zucchini, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 tub low fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tsp pine nuts, toasted
Cut up the onion first and soak in the lemon juice while preparing the rest (this will turn the onion bright pink and takes the 'bite' out of it).
Cook pasta in plenty of boiling water, according to instructions on packet. Drain and return to pan.
Meanwhile, lightly spray a frying pan with oil and heat until very hot. Season the salmon with pepper and salt and place in the pan, skin-side down. Fry until crispy and then turn to cook until golden on the other side (or until cooked to your liking). Remove from heat.
Add the onion with lemon juice, zucchini, tomatoes, cream cheese, capers and dill to the pasta, stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Split the pasta between two plates, top with the salmon and scatter with the pine nuts.